The Toothless Adventure

Xray - Implants

Xray - Implants
They had to pull out another tooth - Now I got 4 implants

Categories

lifestyle (11) Surgery (7) The Road (7) Implants (3) Thanksgiving (3) ER (2) Teeth (2) The Incident (2) apple (1) pizza (1) tom cepa (1)

Monday, February 22, 2010

Save the Teeth!

Well since I dont wanna loose more teeth, I have to have a root canal... 2 actually! 


Sucks! I heard the nightmare stories about how bad root canals can be and I was scared. I cant deal with pain and mouth pain sucks! I would know!


So at least I can watch the Olympic's but its 9 am so the only thing on is curling.. the dumbest sport ever.. (at least the doc and nurse both agreed) Why do they try to talk and ask you questions when their hands are in your mouth? Do they really expect you to answer? I could try but I doubt it would make any sense or be understandable. 


So I get laughing gas (why is it called that? ya cant laugh when ur on it) I got some topical Novocaine on to lessen the pain of the local anesthetic shot going into my gumbs! But it still hurt. The actual procedure is not to bad, now and then you can hear the drill going, yuck and then the smell of the tooth burning away. (ahhhhh) 


It lasted about an 1.5 hrs in total but at least I got to watch some tv and I think i fell asleep during it. 


The numbing feeling after is odd. I was def out of it and a little fuzzy. They gave me super strong ibuprofen but i knew that wasnt gonna cut it... so I got more Vicodin!


Then came Walgreens... dont go in there if you have no patience or are in a lot of pain! One woman brought a refill for her kid, but she had the wrong bottle with the wrong doc blah blah blah and im still there! Shes nice about it and knows i'm waiting..so she gives me a nice smile. Well I cant smile back bc my mouth is still numb and swollen. I dont have my teeth in and im in a shit load of pain so talking or smiling back is not an option! 


Ahh give me my drugs! What feels like forever, who knows how long it actually takes but omg when ur in pain its forevers! Walgreens was def not on top of their game, one person sent me to one window i waited, and waited and then had to hail down a pharmacist to find out I had to go back to the other window! OMG! 

No comments:

Post a Comment