The Toothless Adventure

Xray - Implants

Xray - Implants
They had to pull out another tooth - Now I got 4 implants

Categories

lifestyle (11) Surgery (7) The Road (7) Implants (3) Thanksgiving (3) ER (2) Teeth (2) The Incident (2) apple (1) pizza (1) tom cepa (1)

Monday, May 24, 2010

Another Procedure

Oy Vey X2!

I had a root canal on my bottom front two teeth... it wasnt as bad as everyone made it seem. I was awake the whole time and just numb. I could kind of smell the drilling, but I may have also passed out so...

The bad part was after, I was given a prescription for more percocet that I needed to fill across the st. It was the longest most painful Walgreens experience ever! Babies crying, an impatient mom and me in major mouth pain. I understood, but was not happy as the pharmacist had no clue what was going on and sent me back and forth. I wanted to give the mom a nice smile to show I was understanding, but since my mouth was numb and I had no teeth this was not an option.

Now I learn that the root canal was not as successful as it could have been. I get to have another procedure. They say its not as bad as the root canal but at this point none of its good! So today I am having the below done, with my braces on..

I'm having an apicoectomy or root-end resection. This procedure relieves the inflammation or infection in the bony area around the end of your tooth that continues after endodontic treatment. In this procedure, the gum tissue is opened, the infected tissue is removed, and sometimes the very end of the root is removed. A small filling may be placed to seal the root canal.





 What this really means... more time off from work,  more drugs, more time on the couch, more mushy foods and more weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment