The Toothless Adventure

Xray - Implants

Xray - Implants
They had to pull out another tooth - Now I got 4 implants

Categories

lifestyle (11) Surgery (7) The Road (7) Implants (3) Thanksgiving (3) ER (2) Teeth (2) The Incident (2) apple (1) pizza (1) tom cepa (1)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Freedom!

I know its been a while since a post but nothing much has happened! The braces annoyed me day by day, but it was part of the process. I had a few checks-ups over the past few months and thing were on course and by that I mean at a stand still. 


The front two bottom teeth were still in the process of healing, not as tender and sensitive as before but not back at 100%. So they decide to make the wire from the braces a passive wire. Meaning the movement on the teeth is on hold for at least 3 months... Great, lets extend the fun! (oh and I find this out by calling the dentist to find out about insurance stuff) They also tell me that after 3mths that if things haven't healed they then the braces will stopped and I will see a periodontics. So i guess thats not so bad...


Well about 3 weeks after I'm told that I go to see the orthodontist, he says things are looking good and that the bone is re-generating on the front bottom teeth. He also says that he wants to keep the passive wire on for 6 months. To me that means theres no point for the braces, they arent doing anything for 6 months so why I gotta where them?  If the teeth need a passive wire for support, they can have that with out braces on the rest of teeth. 


after a few calls to all doc's, a little phone tag, I got the answers I wanted! 


BRACES GONE! 


They may need to put them on again, but I dont wanna think about that, for now they are gone, no more food stuck in them, no more brushing my teeth 8 times a day and no more cutting my lips! I couldn't be happier! FREEDOM FROM THE METAL! 



No comments:

Post a Comment