The Toothless Adventure

Xray - Implants

Xray - Implants
They had to pull out another tooth - Now I got 4 implants

Categories

lifestyle (11) Surgery (7) The Road (7) Implants (3) Thanksgiving (3) ER (2) Teeth (2) The Incident (2) apple (1) pizza (1) tom cepa (1)

Friday, August 6, 2010

Surprise!


Well todays procedure didnt go as planned... It was told I would get caps/post put in to the implants then the dentist would take the impression  for the crowns to be made and teeth in a few days.. Well not so much....

3 of the 4 implants were in great shape and ready for its the close up, but the 4th was not, it didnt heal as well the others and was lacking in bone.


So the post got put in, a bone graph was done on th 4th implant and a tissue graph for all implants.  


And the the post are green and stick out from my gums! 


My stay-plate (retainer with teeth) has been adjusted to fit my mouth but It cant touch my gums to allow so the gums can heal. 


I can still wear my "theeth" but it doenst cover the gums so if i smile or open my mouth to wide you see the green post! 


So now I wait, again... 3-4 week to let the 4th implant heal, then see if its ready for the impression and crown.I have a bunch of stitches and I'm back to the liquid diet as well. But I do have percocet! 
I also want to thank all my friends and family for the support, I was so excited that today was the day, and it didnt happen. Everyone was so supportive for me, and I almost feel guilty that I said I was getting teeth and all I have to show is a stub! But I love all the support and couldn't be more grateful!

Next steps and full procedure details below.. so close yet so far away! 

Attaching the Post
When the gum tissue is ready, a special post is attached to the implant. It is the support for the new porcelain crown.

Placing the Crown
After impressions are taken a crown is made and shaded to match your existing teeth. The crown is then slipped over the post and cemented.






1 comment:

  1. *big hugs* lana, i am so proud of you for being so strong and optimistic through all of this and with or without teeth you are a beautiful person and a wonderful friend, i miss you dearly, and I hope to see you soon :O)

    ReplyDelete