The Toothless Adventure

Xray - Implants

Xray - Implants
They had to pull out another tooth - Now I got 4 implants

Categories

lifestyle (11) Surgery (7) The Road (7) Implants (3) Thanksgiving (3) ER (2) Teeth (2) The Incident (2) apple (1) pizza (1) tom cepa (1)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Its Time....

Yes that's right its down to 9 days... till I get teeth! Ones that are not removable!

I know its hard to believe after the last 2 months, when I've been told 3 diff times I would be getting teeth, but this is for real! Last Thursday I went into the dentist to get the impressions to make the teeth/crowns. That took 2 hrs and was an adventure of its own...

Last Monday I was at the Oral Surgeons, to have replace my current post/crown, (which are bright green!) with longer ones. It was gonna be a quick procedure, but that's what they told me last time and that didn't go so well.
Dr. S looked at my gums and said everything looked better than he expected, he replaced 1 post with a wider one and then game me the GREEN LIGHT to get the crowns!  So excited as every I called the dentist to let them know and get the ball rolling!

A few calls back and fourth to figure out the schedule and what will be going on... my coordinator  at the dentist's office calls me on wed to say that Thursday apt I will be getting teeth! WTF! I'm so excited, I question her because its so unreal - plus I thought I needed the impressions, she says they will do that all at once! She goes over all the steps and $$ etc... I'm so excited I cant believe it. I do have a little doubt and don't want to get my hopes to high, as before. So I don't tell anyone... (well, I did eventually tell my mom & coworker).  Thursday am I get hung over ass to the doc, phone is dead but I don't care! I start filling out forms for the crowns and get the instructions for care... meet with Dr. I, and boom! NO TEETH!. He smiles, of course not he says to the coordinator and me, we need to get impressions!

haha I just smile, of course.. dam bitch for getting my hopes up! I should have known better, but after 9.5 months, I could taste it! So I was glad I didn't tell anyone, but in my head I was ready for everyone's reactions. Plus with the holiday weekending coming up, I thought about the great surprise it would have been to show up to see my family at the airport and have teeth!  but no.. so close.

They took several impressions, 2 hrs worth of it! Also got an impression stuck in my mouth! How lucky am I? Its only happened once in 20 yrs and why would it not happen to me. It took them about 30 mins to get it out, with several attempts of pulling and tugging, they eventually had to saw it off in pieces to get it out of my mouth! Amazing!

Out of the craziness came 1 good thing.. impressions are done and off to the lab to shape my crowns. I have my next apt on Sept 15th 2010, to get the CROWNS PUT IN! by then it will have been about 10 months, 303 days, or 9 months and 31 days since the last time I had teeth. Clearly Im counting or excited.!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I really didnt know you hadn't got your teeth fixed yet! lets hope it gets done fast and get it over with. You go! :)

    ReplyDelete